Belmont School Enrolment Scheme
In order to avoid overcrowding, or the likelihood of overcrowding, the Board of Trustees of Belmont School has adopted an enrolment scheme which has been approved by the Ministry of Education.
Under this scheme, students will be enrolled if they live within the Belmont School Home Zone described below.
Western Hill suburbs of Belmont Hills including Aran More Place, Atherstone Lane, Avonlea Grove, Belmont Terrace, Bermer Road, Coach Lane, Corrondella Grove, Crestview Grove, Dalkeith Lane, Fantail Grove, Fawcet Place, Foster Crescent, Gainsborough Grove, Groundsell Crescent, Hill Road, Lillian Street, Meadowbank Drive, Natusch Road, Palm Grove, Park Grove, Park Road, Pearsons Lane, Picasso Grove, Powell Road, Redvers Drive, Renoir Avenue, Sweetacres Drive, Tara Place, Wairere Road, Winifred Way. The lower Kelson slopes including Bedford Grove, Euclid Grove, Gurney Road from 1 up to and including 62 at the corner of Terrys Place, Hebden Crescent from the southern end from 300 up to including 385 at the intersection with Liverton Road, Levin Grove, Liverton Road, Major Drive from 1 up to and including 54 at the corner of Sunshine Drive, Major Drive from 1 up to and including 54 at the corner of Sunshine Crescent, Sunshine Crescent, Viscount Grove, Vista Grove. Belmont Domain including Carter Street, Charles Street, Edwin Street, Norfolk Street, Owen Street & Richard Street. Across the Eastern side of the river at Kennedy Good bridge to include Allen Street, Athlone Crescent, Avery Grove, Charleston Avenue, Fairway Drive, Fredrick Street, Gadsby Street, Hart Avenue, Kilmister Grove, Kingston Street, Scanlan Street, St James Avenue, Stellin Street, Taita Drive from 2 up to and including 98 at the north entrance to Avalon Park.
This will mean the children from families who live in our home zone will have the absolute right to enrol at Belmont School. All other enrolments will be subjected to the enrolment scheme legislation. All children currently enrolled and enrolled before the scheme commences shall be considered as ‘in zone’ students.
NOTE: ‘Enrolled’ means has turned five and is present at school.
Enrolment scheme legislation defines the priority of enrolment for students who live out of home zone:
- First priority must be given to any applicant who is accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school:
- Second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school:
- Third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school:
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school:
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school:
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
Link to Belmont School Pre Enrolment Forms